Thursday 14 May 2020

Looking good so far

Hello. The background for the new weaving is finished, it's 8.5 inches by 12 inches. Shades of green for the land, shades of blue for the sky. I can't remember where the dowel came from. A piece of junk I picked up somewhere and took it apart giving me several pieces of varying lengths. I had to saw a bit off this one. I searched everywhere for something to put on the ends and lucky me, I found some small plastic cotton reels inherited from Joyce's house clearance. Perfect, they fit snug and tight without having to glue them. 
On the back I have ironed on a piece of vilene. It covers the loose ends, and gives me a firm base to stitch into. It's difficult to stitch into weaving on it's own, the threads disappear in between the wool.

Handy little bobbins fit just fine.

Next is to add the tree which I have already made, some flowers around the tree, and blossoms on the tree branches. Once all the stitching is finished I will put a felt backing onto it.

I might go out this afternoon, it's sunny. I've just been to the Post Office, seen someone with short shirt sleeves, I didn't think it was that warm. I had a jacket on.

Tattybyes for now. Toodle pip.  ilona

6 comments:

  1. That looks lovely.

    I tried to go out to the net tunnel with just a t-shirt on but it's much too chilly I was straight back in for my fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ingenuity is amazing Ilona, love the use of the Robbins! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the thought of weaving. If I could only find/make some extra hours in the day Tony and I are currently hooked on watching Bob Ross on channel 9. His painting technique is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of your weaving and a good use of the bobbins. I did a bit of gardening and started sewing up my crochet squares.
    It looks as thou it going to be a warm day.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done. I can't get to grips with weaving, it seems too slow. I did a similar landscape with fabric using the stitch and flip method. Machine and hand embroidered on top with some batting behind. Look forward to how yours turns out. deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ilona. I love your little loom. I seem to remember you did a video ages ago on how to make one or did I imagine it? Id like to have a go at weaving! Your finished piece is very colourful x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.