I finished this yesterday. Very difficult to photograph pinks and reds for some reason, but this is pretty close to the real thing. The strands are DNA, the red Suffolk Puffs are red blood cells. Some of them have black dots, they are contaminated with spike protein.
It looks purple when I try to take a close up.
The picture stretched over a board and laced at the back. I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard from the bottom of a box.
The cardboard is covered with dark blue fabric and also laced at the back. Then it is screwed to the picture. I cut plastic washers to prevent the screw heads from biting into the cardboard. The screws must be just long enough to go into the board and not come out at the front.
The back is now covered, wire to hang it, to finish it off.
Now what to call it. I have two names, New Variant, or Mutation.
Now looking for inspiration for the next project.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona