Friday 6 August 2021

A walk near Welton. Pics and video.

A few pics from Tuesdays walk. It was a lovely sunny day with a slight breeze. Some of these tracks I have done before so I am trying to find new ones. The map is pretty full now where I have marked the previous routes. I walked up the road to Welton Top, then turned right towards Tom Potts Plantation. Then I turned left onto a road, and a track, which took me to Wauldby Scroggs just clipping the edge of Nut Wood. 
There is a Riding Centre nearby. 
There are several recognised longer distance footpaths in this area. I hopped on and off the Yorkshire Wolds Way, the Beverley 20, and the High Hunsley Circuit. Passing Wold View Farm near Brantingham I watched a combine harvester going up and down the field. The two tractors with trailers are ready to collect the corn when they get the signal. 
The tractor pulls alongside and they move forward together, the harvester discharging the load into the trailer. It's amazing how smoothly the operation is performed. 

Love these tall trees. 
Walking through a wood I took a side track to the edge to see what was beyond. In the Video below I zoom in on the fabulous view.  
How cute, a fairy door stuck on the base of a tree trunk. 

When I got back into Welton I walked around the church and the duck pond. I'll post the video of that next time. 
It was late when I got back home so it was a quick dinner for me. Nine miles walked, I really enjoyed it. 
Have a great weekend. It's been raining here today with heavy downpours, so I have not been able to get out into the garden. Hopefully I can tomorrow. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Very nice I'm watching on your blog instead of YouTube well didn't mean too but hey you just posted so why not meanqueen 💞👌..it's bee raining all DAY here very grey clouds UPp above full of rain! I'm sat drinking my coffeee☕ while watching yooou😊 BEST wishes Levi xxx ps I can hear ya mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice walk and interesting video, congratulations, greetings from Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brilliant names for areas,Tom Potts Plantation,Wauldby Scroggs and Nut Wood!Amazing views and I need/want one of those houses that appeared as you zoomed in.Not fussed which one,any will do,lol.Thank you for your video and taking us with you again.That fairy door in the tree has given me an idea of what I could do to the tree in my little front garden.A little project for me on Monday.Hope you have a great weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.