Tuesday 10 August 2021

Boring job.

 I've dug out a heck of a lot of rubble from the strip behind the garage. I wondered why there is so much. Then I remembered, my house had an internal wall taken out some years ago, the previous owner knocked two rooms into one. I think they must have dumped all the rubble from that behind the garage. Now I've run out of boxes and buckets to put it in. My friend told me about a place I can take this to, they put it in a crusher and turn it into hardcore. I will check it out as I don't want to have to hire a skip to take it away. 
I put the metal frame together of the party tent I was hoping to put in the space, but it's going to be too big and too tall. So now I am thinking of other ideas. 
I've made a start of leveling the soil and laying the bricks on it. There are still a lot of stones in it.The old seat cushion comes in handy as a kneeling pad. 
After lunch I bunked off and went for a walk. The sun was telling me to get my boots on and go. A farm I pass has free range hens. I like to see them pecking about. Several people have hens in their gardens in our village. They have a table or a box outside their gate, £1 for 6 eggs. 
I will get on with the job of laying the bricks tomorrow, it's a boring job. Oh well, I suppose it will get finished eventually. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

1 comment:

  1. If you use Freecycle or similar, people are often looking for hardcore/rubble for their projects, might be worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.