Thursday 17 February 2022

Trying to work it out

 I doubt if I would be able to get to grips with the digital world, looking at what is looming on the horizon. The world is into a new era and I am stuck in the old one. The only chips I want inserted into me are the potato kind. 

I checked out the web site Biometric Update.com, to see if I can fathom out where all this is going. The digital world is nothing like the world we know now. It's a scary place. A whole new language has built up around it, and I am no good at learning new languages. Tried German for a while, but gave up. 

Do you understand this? 

The European Association for Biometrics is hosting a presentation focused on deepfakes and automated identity verification. While liveness detection is a trusted mechanism to secure the real user’s presence, deepfakes are now creating new attack vectors. This presentation will explore what deepfakes are, what biometrics can do to combat them and if they the real challenge for identity verification.

Biometric spoofing attacks are more easily spotted by artificial intelligence-based computer systems than by people, according to new research

I think I understand this bit. 

Talk turns to leveraging digital identity infrastructure as COVID credentials retire

Mobile digital identity technology and infrastructure have been dramatically advanced by digital health passes, which provide the foundations of identity verification and linkage to credentials that can underpin mobile identity wallets. With a little more progress, Peters suggests similar technologies could bring digital identity to the billion people who still do not have it.

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

6 comments:

  1. If your forte is statistics get your head round this one. Dr Geert Vanden Bossche posted a link to this on the tweeeeterata.

    https://www.bitchute.com/video/b6l1NY2uPN04/

    It's from a group calling themselves, Uncensored Doctors, and it shows that there are higher numbers of vaccinated people catching covid, than there are non vaccinated. Worth ten minutes of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand a word of it but it sounds like a nightmare. I think biometrics will be coming in for anything and everything. To the point where there will probably be facial scanners at tills so you can just point your face into it to pay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a facial scanner at the entrance to a shop. I will not go in.

      Delete
  3. Biometrics have been around for years, i.e Fingerprint, voice, Facial, Iris Recognition.
    In fact voice and facial recognition was shown in the 1968 film 2001 a space odyssey.
    I worked on projects in the 1970's using voice and facial recognition.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was briefly involved with a company working on iris recognition in the early 80s. It didn't catch on, we see now for good reason.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.