Wednesday 16 February 2022

A ticking off.

I've been meaning to get a tick twister for a long time, but have never seen any. They had some at the vets so I grabbed one from the display. It was £4 and a bit. Two sizes in the case. 
Probably a good idea to buy them because I walk in woodlands and long grass, sometimes wearing shorts. I had a tick attach itself to me once. I couldn't remove it because it was on my back, so I went to the doctors surgery and the nurse got it off for me. Thankfully I didn't get Lyme disease from it. 

I made a cushion today. Made the cover from a piece of bedsheet, and stuffed it with a bag of offcuts I got from the Scrapstore. I made it to go on the chair in the Summerhouse. Cats go in there to shelter from the rain. Mayze decided she likes it, so for now it is on the table. 
I battled through the wind and rain with Billy dog this afternoon. He doesn't like rain much so I cut the walk a bit short. I like to do an hour but today he only got 40 minutes. He told me he had enough so we took a short cut straight back home. 

Spotted this out of the window as the sun was going down. I love to see the clouds lit up like that. 

It gave an orange glow over the back garden. The sky actually looked darker than in the picture. 

I have the computer on when I am in the house to catch any interesting news which might come on. Those who are following the current situation will find that I sometimes add some little snippets with some links onto a recent post. I added three comments today on No going back. I don't want to swamp the whole blog with it, but I think it's important to keep up to date. Things are changing all the time. 

Time to get dinner. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Hope Maize is feeling better. You have a nice backyard! What is that hidden by the boxwood hedge in the right corner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raised beds. I used to grow vegetables there, now I grow flowers.

      Delete
  2. I've got the same tick remover. A few years ago we used to get quite a few hedgehogs in our garden and their horrible ticks were easy to see, so I used to remove as many as I could for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a hedgehog to the rescue centre once. It was found outdoors in the daytime. The lady there removed masses of ticks from it. Sadly it didn't survive.

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks green. Things will be popping out very soon. When do you start your seeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sow any seeds. I used to when I grew vegetables. Now it's all flowers and plants, which I sometimes buy from a small garden centre. I try and grow evergreens which don't die off.

      Delete
  4. Hope mayzèeee cat is -better soon🐱
    Yes i walk in long grass but I'm always in long trousers,i hear other's who has Lyme disease it's not pleasant
    Hope your well ilona❤
    Love the sky picture ☁.


    Levi XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tick twisters are very handy. I get a tick every year and I keep the twisters in my purse as I live in a tricky area. Also I have a set in my rucksack whenever I go hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyme's disease is an awful thing. You were lucky not to pick it up. I'd love your garden. Have you any idea how long it actually is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go outside with a tape measure, when the wind drops :o)

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.