Tuesday 7 June 2022

Community spirit

Our village community came together on Saturday, at the Summer Fair on the Green. I was there early to set up my stall, next to the Cat Rescue stall. I thought I would get into the Christmas spirit by wearing my reindeer jumper. It was a tad chilly, but thankfully it didn't rain. 
Visitors were a bit slow to arrive in the beginning, but the crowds came piling in after lunchtime. I didn't take any photo's as I have done in previous years. Someone from the Parish Council did that so I expect to see them in future publications. 
It was a fun day. My sales were pretty good, and the bonus was that I got to chat with lots of people. And also chat with lots of dogs. 😁
We've had quite a lot of rain over the last two days so the garden is growing like crazy. I will have to spend some time outside now, tidying it up. The hedgehogs are still coming, and I seem to have a lot of birds coming down for food. They clear the cats dishes of any left overs. 
Banana and cereal for breakfast so now I must get up off my bum and do something. We will catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

12 comments:

  1. That sounded a fun idea to wear your Christmas jumper in June Ilona - and someone just may have thought then that they would buy an early Xmas gift x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Christmas jumper did create a few smiles.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you with your table at the Community Summer Fair.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it didn't rain. It could have all been ruined.

      Delete
  3. Great photo ilona
    Glad you had a nice DAy
    I've been reading your conversations with other blog folk

    Levi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am spending more time on my yoootooob channel. Lots of conversations going on there. Blogging has a limited audience. People are more interested in watching something rather than reading about it.

      Delete
  4. I bet your stall was the most colourful one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look very nice, and the unusual items on display created a lot of interest. I spent a lot of time explaining how I made some of them. I hope people went away and had a go themselves at making something.

      Delete
    2. Hello I am a fan. Did you sell anything? I love the art would you ever post anything?

      Delete
    3. Hello Anon. Several reasons why I don't do distance selling.
      If I say yes to one, many more will follow and I will end up with the job of making more, wrapping and packing, and going to the post office.
      I cannot accept payment electronically, it has to be cash.
      The rules for distance selling can get a bit messy if the person is not satisfied and wants a refund.
      I don't want to add any complications to my life, I like it as it is, simple.
      Thank you for asking.

      Delete
  5. Really pleased it didn’t rain and that you sold some of your gorgeous work. I know the money raised will go to a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animal charities are my fave. I have just given Bransby Horses £100, now I am saving for the next donation which will be for Goodheart farm animal rescue.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.