Thursday 14 July 2022

Wot I saw today

Thankfully it wasn't quite so hot today, so I was able to get out for a walk. There was a light breeze which made it a lovely afternoon. Things are happening in the fields, I think we are not far off harvesting. 




I got all excited when I saw this beautiful machine. It was over on the other side of a very large field. I waited to see if it was going to go up and down in straight lines, or turn the corner and go around the edges first. Yes! It came towards me. A chance for some photographs. 
I like to watch these big machines. I wonder what it would be like to drive something as wide as this.





I came across a man pulling a rope from a hole in the ground. It was hard work, he was hot and flustered from all the effort it was taking. When I got into the village I saw another man feeding some cable from a big drum, and a length of rope from a smaller drum, into another hole in the ground. The first man was pulling it through. They must have been about a quarter of a mile apart. They were putting new cables through for broadband. It was quite interesting. I sat on a bench and ate my custard tart, and asked the young man lots of questions. He asked me how far I was walking, I said, five miles. He said, I couldn't do that. He said he had changed his job from a carpenter apprentice, to this one, because it paid better. He said he is going to his grandmothers funeral tomorrow, she didn't look after her health. I asked him how old she was. He said 70. I asked him if he had a girlfriend. He said no, he wants to work his way up the ladder and get a better job, then buy a house, and maybe find a girlfriend one day, but not yet. He wants to go on holiday first to Ibiza. We had a good laugh, he was quite entertaining for an 18 year old. Polite too, he said it was nice meeting me. I said the same back to him. 
So that was my day. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.