Saturday 3 December 2022

Snowy landscape finished

Good morning. It is the day of the Christmas Fair at the Village Hall. I shall be making a brief visit at some point during the day. Later at 6pm is the switching on of the tree lights on the Village Green. There will be Carol singing and beer. I will wrap up warm and join in with that. 
The snowy landscape is finished. I made it slightly bigger than the picture in Stitch Magazine. All hand stitched. It was something to pick up and work on when I had a spare hour or two. I used the pattern in the magazine as a guide, with some variations of my own. 
Most of it is done in running stitch, with the thicker lines being whipped running stitch. 

There is a layer of batting between the layers, to give it a lumpy bumpy effect. 


On the back is a narrow tube. I have inserted a knitting needle through it. A piece of cord or a chain can be attached at both ends for hanging. 
This is the magazine where the idea came from, Dec 2017. It's a good idea to keep magazines for a few years for inspiration. 

Now onto the next project. Something with leaves I think. The sun is out. I may spend time outdoors today. Enjoy your weekend. We will catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona 

No comments: