Tuesday 21 February 2023

At the Seaside.

I've been to the seaside today. Took my bike in the car, for a ride along the Promenade. It was glorious, the sun was shining. 
This boat never moved. 
The tide was in. When I have been here before the tide was so far out I couldn't see the sea. 
Eating my sandwich on the Sandhills. 
They are building a new Lifeboat Station here. Looking at the artists impression picture, it's going to be a big one. 
There were a few people about. In the summer this pier is buzzing. 
The fairground people were busy getting their equipment ready for the new season. 

Fish chips and peas and bread and butter for ten quid. I didn't partake, I took my own food. 
I had a smashing chat with a couple who were about my age. They were out on their bikes and had stopped to sit on a bench. I told them a few funny stories, things that had happened to me in my life, and they both laughed out loud. It was most enjoyable. I think I'm going to make it my role in life to make people laugh. I am good at that. 

I made a video, attached the camera to my handlebars and filmed while I was riding along. I think you will laugh when you see it. I will upload it tomorrow. 

Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!!! I am very excited to see your bike filming. You are such a fun loving person and people can pick up on that. All of your videos make me smile 😊. Thanks for taking us along mother!!! 👋😊 🚲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun. The bike filming went quite well, apart from the wobbling. I need more practice at steering it.

      Delete
  2. Presumably you told them about the WEF as well….that is always good for a laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did touch on THE subject. Yes, they were wide awake, and know exactly what is going on. They knew all about Mark Steyn leaving GB News and asked if I knew what happened to him. I told them about his new channel. The woman was sad that her children and grandchildren wont have the happy life that we had. I said yes, that is very sad. We talked about the good old days, mainly the sixties, fashions and pop music. I was a Mod first, then a Hippie. Bells and flowers around my neck. I was a terrible flirt. Ha ha.

      Delete
  3. I love all your posts and videos ! You do have a love for life . I bet that couple enjoyed visiting with you - you are very funny 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told them about my CB handle when I was trucking. They laughed out loud when I said I was The Flying Fanny. They said they will tell all their friends that one.

      Delete
  4. I love reading and seeing all of your adventures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making people laugh and love people who make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are finding amusement in all the unwanted comments that the blog administrator is deleting. I am. Coffee morning was a hoot this morning. Had them all in stitches :o))

      Delete
  6. That looks a lovely day - We need more happy honest people like you around Ilona -Rock on x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for going to the seaside ive been dying for a trip there for ages, be careful on that bike xx mary

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.