Thursday 18 May 2023

Beautiful gardens at Harewood Hall.

I am a bit late posting this tonight. I have been out all day. That's another story for tomorrow. The last few pics from my Sunday visit to Harewood Hall. I loved this. It reminded me of The Lost Gardens of Heligan, in Cornwall. 










The waterfall is the overflow from the lake.  

It is also home to the Harewood Stupa, a Buddhist monument built in 2004 by monks from the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan. The Stupa is the only one of its kind in the UK.

Here is a bit more information about this garden. 
With paths through a gorge and a bridge across the beck, this is somewhere for all garden-lovers to visit, with primulas, orchids, cobra lilies, blue poppies and more than 50 kinds of rhododendron.
From May until July, the Himalayan Garden is at it’s peak. With bright rhododendrons in bloom and stunning pink primulas towering above unfolding ferns, the gardens are a wonderful place to immerse yourself in and explore.

I am tired now. Plenty of sea air today. Goodnight.  ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.