Tuesday 9 May 2023

Lovely views.

I joined another group walk this morning. We met at Barnetby le Wold, a village not far from Brigg. As we set off we took a track down the side of the Co op shop. There was a lorry waiting to unload in the car park, and a young woman was sat in the drivers seat. I was so pleased to see her, I just had to stop for a chat. It was a brief chat. She was 25 years old and has been driving HGV for one year. I like to encourage lady truckers. Meeting her was a bonus, it put a smile on my face. I had to walk pretty quickly then to catch the others up.  
This place is called Mill Farm. It is a Grade 2 listed building. 

If we get a bit spread out they usually wait a few minutes to re group. 

Lovely views. It's getting warm, layers are coming off. 

It was a short walk, two and a half miles. As I wasn't far from Brigg I thought I would go and have a look at the Garden Centre there. It was massive. I bought two more bars of my favourite smelly soap, and a packet of very nice clotted cream shortbread biscuits.

Back in Scunthorpe I went to the Shopmobility office at the Bus Station to renew my bus pass. She took my name and said she will put it in the post. I thought I might have to have a new photo taken, but she didn't mention it. 

A Billy dog walk this afternoon, then mowing the lawn to fill the brown bin up for collection tomorrow. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.