Thursday 7 March 2024

Neighbourhood Watch

 Several notices popped up on our Village Page yesterday. It seems there were a gang of four cruising around in the early hours, 4am ish, looking for opportunities to steal something. They were picked up on several cameras trying to gain access through house doors and car doors. Security cameras around people's private property is a good deterrent, but when the robbers are dressed from head to toe with only their eyes visible, it doesn't help to identify them. 

Some of the residents reports. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

At 4:32 this morning 4 people dressed in black with hoodies tried to take my husbands truck, they also tried to break into my sons van and my car.

4 youths with torches 4 am. On camera. 

Our Neighbourhood watch site the same thing happening at 2ish this morning and sure it's the same bloke with the padded coat on.

We've had our cars tampered with last nigh and items taken from my sons car. If anyone finds a black Nike bag please let me know. 

- - - - - - - - - -

I think we all have to be mindful that this might happen. A bit worrying when it is close to home. I have put extra security on my car, and always check that the doors and windows of the house are locked. That's all we can do, and hope that we do not become victims of crime. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Dirty great big floodlights with PIR help a lot!
    Even dressed head to toe in black, they don't want to be illuminated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see more people are illuminating their houses on the outside. Luckily my next door neighbour has a motion activated light which shines over our two driveways. It gives me a few seconds to get my key in the door when I arrive back in the dark.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.