Tuesday 27 January 2009

Combine journeys to save money

I have discovered that going to night classes at the college is saving me money. OK, I know I have to drive myself there, but it isn't far, it only takes fifteen minutes. Last night I started Psychology, and tonight was social Sciences, these courses are over ten weeks. Now the good part is that they are free, and the bonus is that I go past Tesco to get there. They finish at 8.30pm, an ideal time as I mentioned before, to go shopping.

Last night I got some amazing bargains, bread at 7p a loaf, chicken slices for the cats for 30p, pack of six youghurts for 10p, and a £7.50 Dalek cake for 72p, plus some other reductions. I reckon if I only shop at this time for the next nine weeks I can save a fortune. I am getting to the stage where I don't want to pay full price anymore, and I'm thinking it might be possible to have every single item in my trolley either with a yellow sticker on, or a special offer, or a BOGOF offer. I'm going to try it. It might mean changing from a brand that I normally buy, but I can be flexible to save money. It isn't important for me to stick to the same food every week, so some changes might make it interesting.

Of course I wouldn't buy a special offer if the reduced price was way above what I would normally pay, because it was a very expensive item in the first place. I have a lot of prices fixed in my head, and I can never be tempted by something that is not what it appears. My head has an inbuilt calculator. Last week I worked out that two boxes of sugar cubes was cheaper than a bag of sugar at the same weight. Thank goodness I took notice of mental arithmatic at school.
Daily spend - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.