Friday 30 January 2009

A smile on my face.

I got the free bus to Tesco again today. A lovely warm comfortable coach came along to pick us up instead of the bog standard lumbering double decker as in the photo last week. I nearly missed it, as I stepped out of my door it was there at the end of the road. I did a quick sprint whilst frantically waving my arms to attract the drivers attention, I just made it as he was about to pull away.

When we got there, I told the driver not to wait for me as I was going to walk back, it's only five miles. Who says that you have to go in the shop just because you ride on the bus, why not use the service for a free ride.

As I was walking through the fields, I could see the main road in the distance, and the unmistakeable sight of a
B & Q lorry passing by. I had a smile on my face, it felt good to be out in the wide open space with no timetable, no deadlines, no pressures. I had a sudden urge to raise my arms to the heavens and shout at the top of my voice, I'M FREE ! ! !
Daily spend - nothing

1 comment:

  1. Doing some back reading on your blog. I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I can imagine your joy!!! My hubby and I are on a pretty tight budget. House is paid off. A few more payments on the the new car. And 5 years to save for early retirement. I can not wait to drive by the hospital I have worked for the past 30 years and say Sssoooo long!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.