Sunday 25 January 2009

Tidying the raised beds

I must admit, I don't really like Sundays, everything seems so quiet, I suppose at this time of the year everyone stays indoors. The weather wasn't too bad so I got out into the garden. It's looking pretty bare at the moment, but as it's brown bin day tomorrow I decided to do a bit of tidying to fill it up. I picked the last few brussel sprouts and pulled up the stalks and raked over the raised beds. The compost heap is humming away nicely, covering it with old plastic compost bags keeps it cooking. I built the raised beds out of pallets, cut them in half and stand them on their ends. Nail them together with odd pieces of wood, and make a row of three. Down the centre I put some upright posts with cross bars which I put plastic sheeting over when the plants are small. Thay are covered with trellis and pallets at the moment to keep the cats off. I'm already thinking about what veg I am going to grow this year, if it's anything like last year I shall be eating off the garden all summer.
Daily spend - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.