Tuesday 20 January 2009

Newspaper cutting

A quick check on the internet this morning, and I see I am in today's Yorkshire Post. The article in the paper is bigger than the one on the web site, almost a full page on the broadsheet, and a picture on the front page. This is scanned and copied from the paper.



If you want to see the electronic version, click here.
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/features/Im-frugal-not-pennypinching-says.4892830.jp

I started college tonight, a 10 week course called Introduction to Social Sciences. The first half an hour was spent introducing ourselves, there was 20 in the class, and we discussed why we had chosen that particular course. Guess what? I wasn't the only one that had joined because it is free! I also said it was because I wanted to get out more, sit in a warm place and chat with people. The teacher was very lively she makes the subject quite entertaining, it was like a free night out watching stand up comedy. I am looking forward to the rest of the course.

I have to pass Tesco to get there, so I seized the opportunity to call in on the way home to catch any last minute bargains before they clear the shelves of the last day items. Boy was I pleased I did.
I got...
Hovis seed bread - from £1.25 to 12p
Organic wholemeal bread - from £1.10 to 11p
4 Finest teacakes - from 94p to 9p
Garlic platter bread - from £1.18 to 12p
Cottage cheese - from £1.07 to 27p
Pasta salad - from 99p to 25p
Sandwich filler - from 89p to 22p
Yoghurt - from 37p to 9p
Fantastic bargains, it definatel;y pays to shop later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.