Wednesday 21 January 2009

A Walk to Normanby Park

I like to wake up in the morning, look out of the window, and think what shall I do today. After an hour or two of knitting video tape, (I am making a bag), and making beads out of paper, the sun came out, so I took myself off to Normanby Park about two miles away. It's a pleasant walk past the playing fields and the new allotments, follow the footpath along the edge of the fields, turn right on the road and you're soon there. I'm putting a picture of my boots here because I am rather pleased with them. I found them at a car boot sale for £4, and they were hardly worn. They have massive soles and will last me for the rest of my life.

The park has a big hall, walled garden, deer park, duck pond, tea room, and woods to ramble through. It's funny that people don't usually visit places that are virtually on their doorstep. I must admit that I only come to Normanby during the winter months, because there is a charge to enter in the summer, even if you just want to walk in the woods. I like walking for the excercise and it's free. I took these photo's.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.