Monday 19 January 2009

My £1 a meal limit.

I've just eaten half of a very big apple pie. I had a lot of apples given to me in October, far too many to eat at the time. I read somewhere that you can store them by wrapping them in newspaper, and putting them in boxes, in a cool dark place. The plastic trays I get out of the chinese takeaway bin are ideal for this purpose, they get their mushrooms in them and just throw the trays away. I checked all the apples, only a few had to be dumped on the compost heap, the rest are keeping quite well. The short crust pastry mix came out of a packet, reduced to 27p because it was out of date, tasted fine to me. So, along with a big dish full of veggie stew I had earlier, I reckon my meal tonight has come within my £1 limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.