Friday 23 January 2009

Free bus to Tesco

Shall I shan't I? I couldn't make up my mind this morning whether to get the free bus to Tesco. I didn't actually need any shopping, but I thought I would go and get some more half price cat food while it is cheap. I had a look round the garden centre nearby while I was there. I don't normally buy anything because it is so expensive, but it's nice for a browse. I did give in however, there were two plants at 50p each, a conifer, and a heather, they looked like they needed some TLC so I rescued them.

Into Tesco for the last half hour, nothing to take my fancy in the reduced chiller cabinet, so I got some bananas and grapes on special offer. Oh no, they have sold out of cat food, expecting some more to come in, that's a bit annoying. Then I remembered I needed some cereal. I have been monitoring the price of my bran flakes, it seems to change every week. Now they are 71p for a 750grm box, better than 78p last week, so I got five boxes. A quick look in the milk section for my soya milk, shock horror, it has gone up from £1.12 last week to £1.26, that's a big jump. I'll give it a miss today because I have got two cartons in, but I'll be watching for it to go down again. Why do they change the prices so much, you have got to be a sprinter to keep up. I was back home by 12.10pm, a great bus service, more people should use it.
Daily spend - £6.65 Tesco. £1 for two plants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.