Sunday 18 January 2009

Pottering day

I'm having a pottering day today, I love pottering. just pegged the washing out on the line, I only wash when it's sunny or windy, now I'm having a banana and honey sandwich on brown bread while I decide where to potter next.

I found an empty cola can in the street, I thought, aha, what can I make with that. I cut the bottom off, straightened out the ringpull for the base, and cut strips downwards with a large pair of scissors. Then I gripped each one between finger and thumb and pulled from the bottom upwards which made them curl. And here we have a tea light holder.


Next is a handbag I made out of 35m negatives, I think everyone must have a stash of these somewhere in a drawer. I started by joining them together, weaving some narrow ribbon through the holes, until I had a sheet. Then I folded it in half and joined the sides. I added some decoration and a handle, a handbag, albeit not a very usable handbag, but the idea is there to maybe put a lining in it. I'm not sure of the longevity of the negatives, probably forever because I have had some of them for ten years or more.



Here is my magazine holder, I wanted one to keep my 12 copies of Gardeners World tidy, and handy for reference. There is one advertised in the magazine for £6.99, but I thought I can make one for a few pence. I found a strong box that was close to the size I wanted, cut it to size and stuck it back together with parcel tape. Then I cut some flower pictures from some old gardening magazines that my uncle gave me, and made a collage, sticking them to the box. I finished it by covering it in sticky back clear plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.