Thursday 12 February 2009

Don't buy what you don't need

I went on the free bus to Asda this morning, it gets me out of the house for a couple of hours, and I might pick up a bargain or two. I was busy nattering to someone and nearly missed it, I hate waiting for buses and would much rather arrive at the bus stop a minute before the bus does.

Not many yellow 'oops' stickers about, I only managed to find five items, I was determined not to buy anything that hadn't been reduced. I was almost tempted to get a cheese and onion flan, but decided against it, too much fat and salt. I try and limit my intake of processed food. I spotted a yellow sticker on a cabbage, but soon put it back on the shelf when I saw it was 67p. I bought one a couple of weeks ago for 25p, have they gone up that much?

The snow came down again this afternoon, everything was covered in about ten minutes. I walked to my friends house, and took my best friend out, her dog Ben. He is so lovely, it's great to be able to borrow a dog.
Daily spend - £4.28 Asda

1 comment:

  1. That's great being able to get a free bus ride, where I live you have to be over 65... I've a little ways to go!!
    I haven't bought a cabbage in a while, so not sure if 67p was a bargain or not, but seems alot to pay if you only paid 25p a couple of weeks ago.
    What a great idea to take your neighbours dog for a walk, it's like looking after someone else's children without the expense and being able to give them back at the end of the day and Ben is he ever cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.