Monday 9 February 2009

A few moments to reflect

I've spent a bit of time reflecting today, on how lucky I am. I try not to take life too seriously, but sometimes when you hear about something awful happening, all the niggling things that aren't quite right in your life suddenly become inconsequential.

We've been seeing pictures of the terrible fires in Australia which have claimed many lives, such a terrible tragedy. The news that Jade Goody's cancer has spread, very sad for a woman of such a young age. And now we hear that William Roach's wife Sarah, has suddenly died at age 58, a year younger than myself.

It goes to show that life is a lottery, no one can say what lies ahead. The old saying that life's too short to worry, is very true. We have to live each day as if it is our last. Tomorrow will be a fresh new start, as every day is for me. What has happened the day before has gone, it can't be changed, it is finished. Every day I say Thankyou.
Daily spend - £3.35 Tesco, late shop reduced prices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.