Wednesday 22 April 2009

Stranger in the churchyard

Are we in spring or summer, because it's a glorious day. I was walking through the churchyard with Ben this morning and came across a man sitting on the bench reading his newspaper. Oh dear, I seem to be in the habit of chatting to men I have never met before. You know how you know straight away, when you meet someone for the first time, that you are going to get on with them, well it was like that. We both couldn't stop talking, we had quite a lot in common, both being unemployed and heading towards retirement, enduring similar experiences at the job centre.

I felt we had been mates for ages, so I gave him an invite to my party next month. I don't know what his wife will think when he gets home and tells her a total stranger has invited them to a party. I like doing spontaneous things like that, makes life fun.

I've just been out in my car to my friend Karen's paddock, with a dozen plastic boxes, and filled them up with stinking rotten hoss muck which is full of worms. It must have been there for a couple of years. She only lives round the corner, but it's too far to trundle up and down with my wheel barrow. I've got some raised beds I want to dig it into. I'm all set up now for veg growing, just waiting for my plantlets to come along. My kind neighbour gave me six tomato plants, his are way ahead of mine, mind you I will probably be giving him some back later on in the year, when I am overrun with them. I'm off outside, some more work to do.
Daily spend - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.