Thursday 29 April 2010

Where has the pussy gone?

I've been skip diving again. This morning I went out collecting scrap for the Scrapstore. I called in at several companies, but was too late for the vinyl, the lorry beat me to it and the bin was empty, bother. I am going to have to start picking it up on a Wednesday instead.

Then I struck lucky. I found a firm that makes fitted carpets for cars and caravans, and the very nice production manager said I could rummage in his skip anytime and take what I wanted. I was thrilled when I opened the lid, it was full of carpet offcuts, not tiny scraps but quite substantial pieces. I was in my element as I filled my car to the roof. They are very busy and their skip is emptied twice a day so there is plenty more when we want it.

Today I had a haircut, when it gets to a certain length it starts getting on my nerves. I had already trimmed it myself a few weeks ago, but now it needed a proper cut. I popped into a hairdresser I have used before, straight in the chair no waiting, and asked for a trim. The thing is when I take my specs off I can't see very much. I knew she was chopping away, which was a good sign. Remember the last haircut I had when the girl did more talking than cutting?

Ten minutes later I was done, blimey, it looks as if I have been scalped, it's a bit short. Never mind, at least it will last a bit longer this time, maybe six months before it needs cutting again.

There was a bit of a panic tonight, someone I know who lives down the hill rang me and said there is a pregnant cat who is close to giving birth, camped out in his mothers garden shed. He has asked around the neighbours to see if anyone knows who it belongs to and no one has claimed it. He was afraid that the dirty old shed was not a warm and suitable place for it to have it's babies.

I rang my cat friend Sue, and she rang me back to say she had found a place for it at a cat shelter about ten miles away, so we went to pick it up. When we got there the cat had done a runner, it was nowhere to be seen. We were looking up and down the road in the pouring rain, we caught sight of several cats, even crawled on our hands and knees trying to get one to come out from under a car. Unfortunately it didn't fit the description, we were looking for a black and white cat, not easy when it is getting dark.

So the best we could do was to leave the cat box and some food inside the shed with the door slightly open, hoping it would come back. I will go and check on it in the morning, and see if there is any sign of it. Here, pussy pussy pussy :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.