Monday 25 November 2019

Finishing off a picture, at last.

Good morning. I'm not going to Crafty Club today, I'm going to see the nice dentist, Jim, for my annual checkup.

I have finally mounted this felted picture I made a while ago. Can't remember when, I think I did it at a workshop, then added the stitching at home. Overall dimensions 10 inches by 12 inches. Hand and machine stitching.

I fixed it on to the hessian background with four pebble like beads in the corners, with a bit of extra stitching along the sides.



The hessian wallpaper was the last piece from a roll I bought for my first house, more than forty years ago. Funny how things come in useful, eventually. Laced at the back of a board from a picture frame.  
The messy back is covered with a piece of brown felt, rings attached, with wire for hanging.

Now I must get ready to go. Finish breakfast, feed cats, brush teeth. Toodle pip. ilona

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture.
    Good luck with the dentist
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely piece of work!.I love the depth to it..as though you are standing in front of a meadow and can see in the distance where the sky meets the land.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! In Australia private health insurance and dental care is not affordable for our pension and we've just been told it's 27 months to wait for a checkup! I must say that it is only a few days wait for basic emergency dental care if you are in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Ilona! If you are thinking of another exhibition in the future, I think it would be worthy of a place. Hope you had a good report at the dentist. Vicki in a very soggy East Riding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicks. If I have another exhibition every picture I have made will be in it. Just need to find a venue.

      Delete
  5. I think this is one of my favourites of your pieces (so far?!). I would definately be purchasing if i lived near enough for one of your cat shelter sales!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.