Monday 22 March 2021

Walking by moonlight

 Good evening. It's late and I am too tired to write a post tonight. I went for a walk at 2.45pm, and didn't get back until 7.45pm. I hadn't intended to stay out that late, it's just how it happened. I got chatting and thought I had plenty of time to get back before dark. I didn't, darkness caught up with me. I had to come off the track and do the last bit by road because it was pitch black surrounded by trees. I couldn't see where to put my feet, and it was a bit spooky. I know the route but I didn't want to risk tripping up on the bumpy ground. 

It was eight miles, a route I had done before but in the opposite direction. I'll be back tomorrow with the write up and piccys. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

4 comments:

  1. Ilona - you really should get in the habit of carrying a flashlight or a torch, I believe is what they're called, just in case you get caught out a bit late like that. You've done this before where you got caught in the dark and were lucky enough to get home safe but this is the second time in a couple of months and I don't think you should push your luck. No one would know where you are and if you fell or broke a bone, you could be there a very long time. It would be wise if you were to draw a map of your walk and leave with a friend, just to be safe. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ilona I know you love your walks I think the lady's comment about getting a torch to carry is really sensible and would be safer for you to see.youll never believe what happened to me I was walking through a very dark site where I clean offices at night I tried on a stone and fell twisted my ankle could get up at all.was there three hours sat on ground till a lorry driver started his shift he nearly didn't see me and nearly ran me over he got me upright and drove me home.i always carry a torch and small phone now!! Lolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were discussing this only yesterday, as the road light outside our house has gone out - my Dad always carried a little pen torch at night, I guess during the war with blackout and no street lights it was necessary, and he got into the habit. Seems like a good idea at present too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right,I am going to turn into your mother again...Do not stay out after dark!.It is so easy these days to see someone and have a chat...at a distance...and not notice the time slipping by.I hate the thought of you being alone and out in the dark!Where I live there are muggings...it happened to my grandaughters boyfriend...at 3 pm in the afternoon.Please keep your self as safe as possible.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.