Saturday 21 August 2021

Dig this.

It's been a wet and a dry day today, so I've been out in the garden when it wasn't raining, and indoors when it was. I made a piece of needle felting ages ago, and zigzagged across it with the machine to hold it all together. I thought it was time I did something with it, so I've made a handy little lined pouch. It could be used for a small gadget, a smart phone maybe. 
It has a velcro fastening. I won't put a strap on it. 
I'm having a heck of a job to dig out the last of the roots which are entwined around buried rubble. This is all that remains of the ivy which engulfed the garage. The roots go deep, I am not able to get them all out. I dig down as far as I can, the ground is rock hard clay, and use the loppers to chop them off. 
This is the third box to be tipped in the bin. Oooh my aching back. 

I won't bother to go for a walk tonight, it's raining again. I'm going to relax with a glass of wine and a video. 

Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for popping in. ilona. 

6 comments:

  1. Working in the garden like you have, counts as exercise. Particularly in heavy clay! That stuff takes a pick-ax, sledge hammer and when you get frustrated a little dynamite or tannerite is out of order, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roots really do look back breaking work.I hope that you can give your back a rest for a couple of days to give it time to recover!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aching a bit when I got out of bed this morning, but soon loosened up once I was moving about.

      Delete
  3. Very good pouch ilona could use it FOR your mobile phone.. AND YOU worked hard in the garden it looking good -AND that's exercise In it self😎❤.. GO have a coffee breakk☕ why not meanqueen x HAppy Sunday to you AND your fellow followers on here x
    Best wishes
    - Levi xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.