Sunday 22 August 2021

Just go.

It started off rather dull this morning, the weather didn't look very promising. I got on with the garden, and managed to dig most of the roots out of the ground. Some of the thick ones went so deep I dug down as far as I could, then chopped them off with the loppers. Now I need to dig over the whole patch again to break the soil down, then flatten it and spread the grass seed on it. 
I was in two minds whether to go for a walk because black clouds kept coming over threatening rain. In the end I thought just go, if it rains it rains. So I went, and it didn't. 
The tide is out on the river, the sand banks are visible. 

I sat on the bench outside the church and ate my cheese and lettuce sandwich. 

Bales of hay stacked and waiting to be picked up. 

The track goes through this farm. 

I'm glad I made the effort to go. It turned out to be a lovely warm day. Eight miles, and a chat to a nice man who was also out for a walk. We discussed the routes we walk, he was local so he knows the area. 

I got back just in time to catch a live chat on yooohoootoob. Andrew Ditton was telling us all about his plans. He is off to Germany tomorrow to a caravan and motorhome show, then he is going to pick up his Airstream, which has been at the factory for repairs. He will be back home in the Outer Hebrides sometime in October. I think I mentioned him before, he has made some smashing caravan and motorhome travel videos. 

I'm starting to yawn so I will wind this up. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona  

10 comments:

  1. That's a lovely walk, especially with the views across the river. Interesting to see how farms look totally different in your area - red brick I mean - here they are all grey stone on the older farmsteads, with modern farm buildings as money allowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Building materials vary in different area. The farms in Derbyshire and Yorkshire will be mainly stone.

      Delete
  2. I love how you always manage to give us some lovely views on your walks.It was nice to be able to have a chat to someone as well.Did you both manage to swap any tips on different routes?.I am going to google Andrew Ditton tonight on You tube and see what he is about.I do love to watch about other peoples life styles!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found that we have both been walking the same routes, at different times. He prefers the coolness as the sun goes down, rather the heat in mid afternoon. Similar to me.

      Andrew Ditton is a caravan/motorhome/camping expert. Some of his videos are about reviewing and testing new vehicles. Some of them are about the places he visits. They are full of information. He has a gorgeous dog called Dougal. Unfortunately Dougal's trips will now have to be limited after this one to Germany. The vet has found a heart murmur, so Dougal will be staying at home more often and limited to shorter trips only.

      Delete
  3. Must be good to have views of a big river, all we have in Mid Suffolk is ditches! and by the way it's Straw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Straw is used for bedding, hay is what animals eat. Is that right? Looks the same to me :o)

      Delete
  4. So pleased you got to have a walk mine was only a mile but it was better than nothing and did have a chat. I do miss a nice walk but am not able to do it fo long now.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mile is good, Hazel. We need contact with the outside world, no matter how brief that is.

      Delete
  5. You could pour salt on the root you cut. Might keep it from growing again. Only do this if you are not planting something else in that spot.
    Don’t work to hard. You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the brickwork on the barn wall with the red tractor in front of it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.