Friday 13 August 2021

Staying positive.

 A tragic incident last night has left six people dead in Devon. There are no details about the circumstances leading up to this awful event, and it is not right to speculate, but one has to ask if the state of the nations mental health is pushing people too hard in the wrong direction, and tipping them over the edge. 

The peddling of fear is relentless, bad, and sad news coming in from all parts of the globe. It seems there is no let up. The doom and gloom headlines keep coming, and every one of them is driving a stake through peoples hearts. Every negative report provides another wave of fear, it keeps on marching forward. People are living on a knife edge, anxious about what might happen next. 

Headlines are designed to create a reaction, the more clicks they get the more the journalist gets paid. These people have no moral compass, they only see the cash mounting up. That is their mission, money in the bank. 

A few examples....

UK failing to take advantage of it's world leading vaccination programme. 

Pushing people to think they must get it done now before they miss out. 

UK residents are rushing to get £21 per month medical insurance. 

A hint that the NHS is no longer fit for purpose and one must go private. 

Screw your freedom......Arnies message to anti vaxxers. 

Fear mongering and bullying from Schwarzenegger. 

Hospital queues are a thing of the past with this insurance.

Don't rely on NHS, get seen quickly by paying for your treatment. 

Florida sets record covid hospitalisations for the 11th day. 

It could be your turn next. Get vaxxed. 

NYC woman handcuffed when cops caught her walking dogs without a leash. 

You had better toe the line or you will be in trouble. 

Spain holidays, Brits warned tougher regulations could return as nation turns dark red. 

Scare tactics. Don't go on holiday, stay at home. 

See the pattern. Some of these headlines will add to people's fragile state. Not everyone can turn a blind eye, ignore it, and get on with their lives. Fear is the driver, fear is the pandemic, not the covid. 

Now for the sake of my own mental health I will distract myself by keeping busy. It's looking like a nice day so I will work in the garden, and go for a walk out in the wonderful British countryside. 

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.   Toodle pip. 

13 comments:

  1. It's totally irresponsible reporting isn't it? People have news apps and instant access to stories that are pushed out. The Govt. have got everyone hooked on bulletins. Giving this impression you must check the news and keep up with the latest directives. They have then used news outlets as a means to peddle fear and anxiety. It's wrong. It can't not have impacted people's state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not surprising that people's brains are becoming scrambled.

      Delete
  2. Ilona so very TRue ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜”
    It's sad too see what's happening to our country meanqueen
    AND the thing mentioned above in the list about Nhs I new THAT would come start privatizing OUR national health service, they can't cope with the strain it seems know.. immigration is the problem i feel FOR everyone from all countries of course i do I'm not racist or an heartless person , but WE just simply can't accommodate anymore❗..

    Have a good DAY ilona
    Have you been FOR a walk today , I've just HAD a shower๐Ÿšฟ..
    BEST wishes
    - Levi XXX ๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. MSM has become a cesspit of fear and greed. It disgusts me and I can't believe how so many people are still being taken in by it. But I can believe how mental health has worsened over the past 15 months. There are days when I am angry the whole day and I have never used the F word so much as I do now, so I can see how people can go on the rampage unchecked. I hope the dogs that were being walked in that park are OK and being looked after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go from being sad because people with fragile personalities become scared, then I get angry because those evil people who are leading us all into this should be locked up permanently and never let out. Then I walk away and do something else.

      Delete
  4. I simply do not watch the news now. I have no desire to know what's going on in the world. I get up each morning, look outside my front door. Nothing. I go to work, go to the shop. Do my housework. I cannot understand why people are bothered about the rubbish peddled on the news. It's so simple. Ignore. Switch off. Do not watch. Live your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Linda! I stopped reading newspapers years ago and never watch the news on tv as the stupidity and nastiness of the human race just depresses me and makes me angry. Like you, I am too busy living my life to worry about other things.

      Delete
    2. The people that are bothered care about which way the world is going. They care for their families, their children, and worry what fate is lurking around the next corner.

      I know it is rubbish, but so many are taken in by it. For some it is hard to ignore. They raise a family and want the best for them. I can understand that and I don't even have a family.

      Delete
  5. Like I say. Ignore news. Live life.

    Simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple for you, and me, but not simple for a lot of people.

      Delete
  6. Not only the stuff about COVID, now they are trying to scare us with all the climate change twaddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, at last, a sensible comment from Boris.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.