Wednesday 11 August 2021

Shopping late

 It's almost six weeks since I last went to Home Bargains. Tonight I spent £89 on mostly cat food with some bits and bobs for me. An 80 pack of Whiskas pouches costs £17.99, I also got some 40 packs of  Whiskas, Felix, and Sheba. I get Purina dry, Iams dry, and Whiskas dry. 

The birds will get a treat tomorrow. I bought two bags of dried mealworms. The last time I put some out on the lawn, they were scoffed in a matter of minutes. I also got them a bag of suet pellets as well. 

My shopping list had four items on it. Grass seed for when I take those bricks up and hopefully turn that strip back to lawn. Gardening gloves, got two pairs of thick sturdy gloves for £2.49. Women's gardening gloves don't last very long with me. 

I got a pack of cable ties, always useful. A pack of doggy poo bags. An embroidery hoop. A box of oxo cubes. I wanted a couple of ratchet straps, and a reel of white cotton but they didn't have those. 

There was hardly anyone in the shop, it's a big shop, and most were not masked. I like it much better if I can see faces.  

I am sticking with the two places I shop at, and going late when it is quiet. I have no desire to pop to the shops for every little thing I might have forgotten. 

Soon off to bed, so I'll wrap it up here. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. The only times I ever spend any amount of money is when Im stocking up on the cats food.Aldi understood the problems I was having going in there and only being able to get a couple of packs of things.Not good when you have 5 cats plus 2 strays to feed!.So now they save me the amount I need and I pick it up every 2 weeks.Costly at the time,but I have got to buy it!.We are spending very little on our food.We pick our food up from the Food Pantry now,its only £6 and you get lots more than if it is delivered.Near to sell buy dates,but stops it going to land fill and we get bout £60 worth of food for £6.Win win situation!.Thought I would let you know that the bag that you sent me,did another one of its travels yesterday!.All the way from Leicester to Sheringham and back.I love it and it is so handy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes some ain't wearing face coverings know
    Much BETTER ilona yes👍💕..
    Are you not going to Tesco know thing's have got back to some normality
    You we're a Tesco girl LOL 😂
    Aldi and lidle those kind of shop's are much cheaper💯FOR shopping only thing is they don't sell everything like Tesco /Asda etc.. BUT my mum shop's there you get more for y"money£££ ..cheers Levi xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.