Wednesday 18 May 2022

Bimbling around Hawes

After a hearty cooked breakfast at the Youth Hostel, I went off in search of a car park where I could leave my car all day. There are plenty of spaces at the Old Railway Station, and it wasn't too busy at 9 o clock in the morning. £5 to park all day. That will do nicely. The bikers are starting to congregate for their Saturday meet up. 
I put a few bits and bobs in my backpack and set off to walk into town. 

Shops were getting ready to open. 
Gayle Beck runs right through the middle of the town. 
The roads are quite narrow so there is a one way system. Makes it easy to cross the road knowing you only have to look one way.  
The Methodist Church is slap bang in the middle of it. 
People were checking out of the B & B and getting on their bikes for another days cycling. 
Spring is a good time to visit here. All the pots are full to overflowing with flowers and foliage. 
A tree lined pathway up to the entrance of St Margaret's Church. 
I like to walk around the outside of a church before I go in. A little bit of early morning mist lingers over the hills. 

Someone has made a little garden here, with flowers and bulbs. 
We can go inside and have a look.
The bikers are pouring into the town. The sun is shining and the place is buzzing. 
After a couple of hours bimbling, I went back to the car for a bite to eat. The cafe is open, and there are some clean toilets here. There is a museum and visitor centre as well.
Now where to next? I know. There is a waterfall at Hardraw. I'll go and have a look at that. 
I will split this here, and post the next instalment of my mini tour of the Yorkshire Dales, tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. I went to Hawes once. You have reminded me to go back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.