Tuesday 14 June 2022

Feeling brave

I've been out today. This is a blog post I knocked up before I went. 

This is a good example of thinking outside the box. The Big One, a roller coaster ride on Blackpool Pleasure Beach, is very popular. It was constructed in 1994. Maximum speed 85 mph. It's the UK's tallest roller coaster. I have ridden it many times, the best seats are always the front seat on a coaster. 

So the Pleasure Beach have come up with an idea to maximise it's use. When everyone has been on it, what next? Let them walk it. For £150 you can walk along the track. After being fitted out with a safety harness and taking part in a short induction course you will then be taken for a walk along the track, to admire the spectacular views. 
Take a look at the link if you fancy doing this. I don't think I could, I wouldn't want to hinder the enjoyment of the others in the group by freaking out. When I am high up I can look out at the views, but I can't look down to the ground. 
For the dare devils among you, maybe one for the bucket list.
Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Ugh! I have no head for heights at all, and this freaks me out just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for me. I get the collywobbles just driving past.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the title, I thought you were going to say you had done it! H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago I might have done, but I feel a bit wobbly if I climb up a pile of rocks for a better view.

      Delete
  4. I've just watched the video on U Tube. It made me feel very anxious, especially as I have a fear of heights!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.