Tuesday 2 August 2022

A look at Dudley Castle

I still had a couple of hours left after I finished at the museum. Time enough to walk to Dudley Castle and Zoo. I didn't want to see the zoo, these pelicans were chilling out around a pond close to the entrance. It was busy  because there is a children's funfair just as you go in. I didn't bother to stop and headed straight for the castle. 
Climbing up the steps, there is a good view over the town. There is a chairlift for anyone who wants to take a ride. 

Looking up at the tower. 
Almost there, just through the archway.
I sat for a while and ate my snack. People watching. 

A tour guide was giving a talk to a group of people about the history of the place. 
This motley crew were just inside a doorway. 
A short video. No need to film and walk. Stand still, less wobbles, ha ha. 
I went back to my car at the museum and sat for a while eating a sandwich. No need to rush. All the staff came out and got in their cars and went home. I was almost the last one out of there. 
Next stop is go to Frankly Services on the M5 for an overnight park up. The traffic in the West Midlands is horrendous. Full concentration is needed to make sure you are in the right lane going around roundabouts. I have become a doddery old fart, taking things at a steady pace to make sure I don't miss a sign. One has to be careful to not go on the M6 Toll Road. It was a relief to pull into the services. 
I slept like a log that night, didn't wake up once. must have been all that walking. I set off at just after 7.30am to go to Goodheart Animal Sanctuary, about ten miles past kidderminster, and arrived at a quarter to nine. 
Another post follows with photographs. Thanks for popping in. Sees ya later.   ilona 

4 comments:

  1. I love a castle. Thanks for sharing your visit and enjoy driving your car - if the WEF has its way, none of us will own a car.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like castles. Having a car gives me independence, I am not ready for letting go yet.

      Delete
  2. Always good to see different places and get out and about, there are some lovely places to visit in this country. Ps: your "pelicans" are flamingos and red-breasted geese ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake. Thank you for the correction.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.