Monday 15 May 2023

Have a look at Roundhay Park.

Hello. We are back to the old routine of Crafty Club on a Monday morning at the Village Hall. There are new people running it, not me, I have enough to do. It has a slightly different name, Crafty Chatting or something like that. Same format as before. Plenty of newcomers, it was all jolly. Looks like it will be well supported in the future. 
Here are a few pictures of Roundhay Park. After I had a good look round the Food Festival, I spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the park. It is so big, and well looked after. There were lots of families enjoying the sunny Sunday afternoon. I walked for about four hours.  


A little train for those with tired legs. 

A swan family near the edge of the lake. 
There are two lakes, a very large one and a smaller one. 
Millions of trees of all sizes and colours. 

Here is some blurb from Wikipedia.
Roundhay Park in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, is one of the biggest city parks in Europe. It covers more than 700 acres (2.8 km ) of parkland, lakes, woodland and gardens which are owned by Leeds City Council. The park is one of the most popular attractions in Leeds; nearly a million people visit each year. It is situated on the north-east edge of the city, bordered by the suburb of Roundhay to the west, Oakwood to the south and the A6120 outer ring road to the north. 
I got back to my car after 7pm, and decided to stay there for the night. No point in moving and looking for a parkup. The road was wide with no restrictions. 
Now I am going to take Billy dog for a walk. Come back tomorrow if you want to know where I went next.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.