Tuesday 16 May 2023

I went to Harewood House

When I left Leeds on Sunday morning I had intended to park at a village and go for a walk. I found a church with a car park, but was chased off that by an angry woman who said they had an event on later and would need all the parking spaces for their guests. I had a drive round to find somewhere else. There was a road closed because they had a half marathon taking place. I had a scout round another village but didn't fancy leaving my car in an isolated lane. I gave up with that idea and went to Harewood House, half way between Leeds and Harrogate. 
It's a whopping £18 to get in, but that includes parking and entry to the house. I asked if photography was allowed inside the house, and the young lady on the cash desk said, yes it is. I have rather a lot of photo's to share here, so I will split them into three posts. I think you will agree that it is a stunning building. Click on one photo and go to full screen, and a slide show will come up. 



The terrace looks out over the lake and beyond. 
I took a walk down to the lake, and looked back towards the house. There are three different walks around the grounds, I did all of them. I wanted to see everything and get my money's worth. 


I walked to the church. It was open. 
I was amazed at the size of the clock on the tower. Never seen one that big before.
 
Next to the church is a willow maze, for children to run around. 



Mummy and daddy geese were looking after their babies. 
The ferry boat goes back and forth across the lake to give those with tired limbs a rest. 
Lovely walks on a sunny Sunday afternoon. 
There were places to eat, playgrounds for children to run about, a small animal farm, and a beautiful Himalayan tropical garden. I will post the pictures of that next time. In the meantime you might like to see this video. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.