Thursday 21 September 2023

Freshwater Bay and Bonchurch.

Still working from Tuesday's notes. I moved my car from the Needles and drove to Freshwater Bay. Food was required so I called in at Tesco to stock up. Petrol was also required. I arrived on the island with a quarter of a tank, best top that up. 
Stopping for a walk, a few pics. That bus is a mobile pub. 






I drove to Ventnor, bypassing some of the places I probably should have visited. There wasn't going to be enough time in one week to see everything. I searched for a suitable overnight parking spot, following the 'P' signs. Nothing looked very promising. 'No person shall use a vehicle' . . . . bla bla bla. 
I drove around the narrow streets of Ventnor and finally found one space on Trinity Street, outside Trinity Church. Not ideal, a few people walked by, but once inside the back of my locked car, no one knew I was there. 
Wednesday morning I was awake at 6.30am, and making my first coffee. Luckily there was a picnic bench just over the wall in the church garden. I sat and studied the map to work out a plan for the day. I felt that my car would be safe if I left it there, so I went for a walk. 
Bonchurch is a very nice village. A duck pond and some big posh houses. A few pics. 




I felt that this cute church was worthy of a closer look. Come with me. 
Back to the car, pack some food in the rucksack, leave the car there and go for another walk. Check the next episode to find out where I went. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicestert.That church is lovely!.I was thinking as you took us inside...I could live there....and then you said the same thing,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.