Saturday 16 March 2024

Full of the joys of spring.

I wasn't going to post today, but as it was such a sunny start this morning I had to go for a walk. Of course, camera came too. I haven't done this route for ages. The mud is so bad during the winter months, it's not a pleasurable walk. It hasn't rained for a few days so it's not too bad now. The views across the River Trent are pretty spectacular. 

The gorse and the daffs are sending the message that spring is here. 

I can see South Yorkshire over there. 
Throw in a couple of churches and the day turned out to be a good one. 


Eight miles done and a lot of chatting. There was a man walking his dog. A couple from Norfolk who are staying in their motorhome on the caravan site. It's her birthday today so they are having a few days away. I called in to see my friend June, but I didn't stay very long. She has a cold so our conversation was very brief. A man overtook me on the last straight, he was walking faster than me, and he had walked further. A quick chat to a man I know in the village who cycles a lot. Always someone to talk to when you walk alone. 

Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.