Monday 12 June 2023

Bourton on the Water

After leaving Tetbury I carried on north and made a stop at Bourton on the Water. It's a very pretty picturesque village as are all of them in the Cotswolds. With a river running through the middle of it, it's a magnet for tourists, and it was busy.
I couldn't visit the Model Village because they don't take cash. I do carry a debit card but I refuse to use it for small amounts of non essential purchases. It is a back up for emergencies, like the car breaking down. 

I parked a short walk from the centre of the village in a residential street. 

Lots of people out enjoying the sunshine. 




I made a short video, sorry it's very short, too many people around. 
It was a nice stop off, I treated myself to a Magnum ice cream. Where to next? Carry on northbound and decide where to make another stop. More photo's in the next and last post for this trip.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. We stayed in Bourton on the Water more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely village, very tourist orientated. Would be lovely to go and sit on the green with my dog and packed lunch but just too busy with tourists. Know they are livelihood for shops and attractions but do wish sometimes but if room for people who live here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The houses and the river look lovely but I understand what you mean when its too busy.I dont like being around lots of people either!.Shame about the Model Village.....and the car park.At least you was able to park in a street!.Is the Model Village on you tube at all? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely spot.
    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a lovely town! Thank you for sharing its beauty with us:

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.