Monday 26 June 2023

Lincolnshire Show - the flowers

One really big marquee had all the floral arrangements on show. They were well spread out so there was  plenty of room to view the exhibits and take photo's. Many hours, days, or even weeks have gone into these stunning displays. 

I see that coloured paper was also used to complement the flowers in some of the displays. A very unusual clock design. 
Interesting how the insides of a very large watch was constructed. The smaller clock face blends into the background perfectly. 

Some of the upright exhibits had a black cloth behind them. Unfortunately you can see right through it, which spoils the photo's somewhat.  

The abstract arty pieces are my favourites. 



They didn't all have flowers. Other materials were used in some unusual creations. 



A picture frame, some balls of wool, and a plastic ring. Simple but very effective. 


These next exhibits lay flat on the plinth. Such detail is astounding. Reminds me of the stones that I covered with felt and embroidery, on a much smaller scale. They also remind me of Nikki Parmenter's work. A textile artist I very much admire. Take a look at her website and you will know what I mean. 




I spent a good hour in this tent, admiring the creative talents of the artists. If you click on a picture it will bring up a slide show. 
Now I'm going to do a litter pick. I noticed that the village looks a bit scruffy after the weekend events. Needs a tidy up.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.