Saturday 17 June 2023

Night time visitors

I have to be careful where I put my feet when I step out of the back door in the mornings. Yuk, splodges of poo lying around. Deposits from nature's night time visitors. 😲
The plate is empty, and I can see they have been slurping the water. 
This is what they like. I get through quite a lot of this, and bought two bags yesterday from The Range. £15 per bag. The cats eat it, the birds pick through any leftovers, and the hedgehogs love it. 
This photo is from last year. I see from my blog that hedgehogs first visited in 2011. Last night I put the food out at 9.30pm. When I looked out of the window later there were three of them picking up the last few bits. I very quietly went out to replenish the plate. One hog scarpered, but the other two crouched silently waiting for the next course to be delivered. As soon as I went back into the house, they started tucking in again. 
My little wild flower meadow looks lovely. Plenty of yellow flowers. I haven't mowed it at all this year. I will probably mow it later on in the autumn. 
Spot the cat. 😺

The raised beds are full to overflowing. A few flowers.


Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. Oh bless you. Feeding the boys and growing beautiful flowers for the wildlife. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a frog in one of my raised beds.

      Delete
  2. Lucky you, I'd love to see them. Briony x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three came again last night, (Saturday) I am a bit addicted to look out for them through the window.

      Delete
  3. Sadly the hedgehog that used to patrol and poo around my garden had to be put down by a vet. It sustained a terrible injury in which it had lost a leg and it was in a very bad way. Vet said a neighbour’s dog or a fox may have been cause. Gutted now I don’t have a little hog powering around the garden setting off security lights.
    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad. They can move very fast, on four legs.

      Delete
  4. Nature at its best!.I love watching the wildlife and the wild flowers.I sat in my garden about half 6 last night watching the birds after spending a lovely afternoon down the park with my Mam.Lots of ducks and geese that were chattering away to each other.It must be so nice being able to watch the hedgehogs.It wasnt until a few years back that I realised that hedgehogs could run so fast!.I had always thought that they moved a bit like a tortoise until I saw one running across the street.x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.