Friday 23 June 2023

Lincolnshire Show - the animals

Time for a snooze. This show is mighty busy. People keep stroking my face. 
Little piggies snuggle together. 

Oink oink. Go away, I am sleeping.

I don't know how I have become so fat. 

Look at my gorgeous curly horn. Ain't I handsome. 
Spotted sheep. The owner was nearby so I asked her if she uses the fleece. She does, she makes rugs with it. If the fleece comes off in one big piece she can preserve the splodges. Sometimes she separates the black and white. She also uses it for needle felting. 



Yum, lunch time. 

The judges mingle with the cows and their owners to pick a winner. 
Please stand up straight, we have to make a good impression. 

Oh gawd, hurry up. Watch where you are poking that thing. Stand still, got to look good for the show. 
More pics coming along. Such a lot to see and people to talk to at this massive show. 
We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Oh great photos! Thank you. I love to go to local or state fairs where they have animals! One year a group of us went to the Houston Rodeo (a big deal for rodeo folks). I didn’t go see any rodeo stuff, spent all my time looking at the animals…cows, bulls, rabbits, sheep etc. it was grand! ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the animals like being put in a box and taken to shows, but it's all part of the farming community to get together.

      Delete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.