Wednesday 26 July 2023

A windy walk over the Humber Bridge

Yesterday the weather wasn't too bad. Some sunshine, some clouds and no rain. I was planning a couple of days away but didn't want to drive a long way only for it to be ruined by rain. I decided to stay local. I went to Barton on Humber and went to the Ropewalk. I have mentioned this place before, there is an art gallery, a shop and a cafeteria. 
There was an Open Exhibition of local talent. This piece of needle felting and embroidery caught my eye. It's called The Dog and the Bird and is quite big. If you have £500 it's yours. I would like this on my wall. 
I took a photo of this because Michael Scrimshaw painted it. I have mentioned him before, he has a studio here, and he opens his door on the Open Studios weekend in September. This is not my kind of art at all. It will set you back £950 if you want to buy it. 

When I left the Ropewalk I set off walking to the Humber Bridge. There are some steps to get up onto the bridge. No photo's this time. I made a video to test out the wind mufflers on the camera. I think they work pretty well as it was quite windy. However they couldn't do anything about the traffic noise.
 
After a walk along the Hessle Foreshore on the North Bank I made my way to the bus stop on the bridge. That was a bit confusing. There are a lot of paths around the car park and the Country Park. Follow the signs. 
The bus came within about ten minutes. They run every half an hour, the 350 Hull to Scunthorpe. As I had time to spare when I got back to Barton I had a look around. There are two big churches.
 
Spotted, a famous name at the gate of a big house next to the church. 



I had a mooch around a churchyard. This gravestone topper is quite unusual. 

Ooooh, look, a hippy campervan. It's 32 years old. 
I was back home for 7pm. The cats were ready for their food. 
Tatty byes. See ya soon. Toodle pip.   ilona 

11 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine walking along a road with that much traffic. For me it would be awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the advantage of being able to switch off my hearing aid. It is rather noisy.

      Delete
  2. Great video mother!! The new camera does a wonderful job. That was a great day out. Thanks for taking us along. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put vids out to share with everyone. You are welcome.

      Delete
  3. Good morning Ilona!.Well that is my idea of a great day out,Wandering around looking at local art,a church and a walk over the Humber Bridge.Ive never walked over there but wondered what it would be like......well now I know!.Thanks so much for your video.The view is amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pity we can't walk on the other footpath which gives different views. For some reason they don't swap about.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ilona. The East path is currently closed because it needs maintenance unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Oh I forgot the mention...the campervan!.How I wish that we still had ours.An orange VW that we sold for very little getting on for 40 years ago.That must be the owners pride n joy!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old VW's are much sort after. People love them.

      Delete
  5. Ilona you could do a better wall hanging than that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.