Wednesday 12 July 2023

Come to the party

 Good morning. The video upload went a bit wonky yesterday. Not sure why, yooootoooob are not very clear with their explanations. Maybe it was because I had uploaded three from my new camera, then went back to the old one for this latest video. I will try again. 

There was a hedgie party outside my back door last night. I tried to get a photo of all three of them huddled around the food plate. One of them backed off so I only got the two. 
Then they went off to play on the lawn. 
And the other one came back and carried on eating. That's as close as I got to three on the same photo. Pictures shot through the small window. If I go outside to the backdoor where the cat flap is, I can hear their little teeth crunching their way through the dry kitten food. 
Two more Softpots made. 
That's six in total. I hope to see these flourish and grow in time. I have put them on a piece of wire mesh so they don't drown in a soggy mess. I can check them daily. If it rains they will be watered naturally. If they dry out in the sun I can add some water. 
Now I'm going to get a quick breakfast, then go to the Coffee Morning.
Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Awww,they are lovely.I would love to have seen their little party.I would be at the window looking out for them all the time....which would give me a great excuse not to dust!.Although I have been spending more time in the garden this year.Dug up my first spuds and they were delish...as you would say!.Nothing better than digging,cooking then eating!.Your Softpots look lovely and bright,and I get what you mean by putting them on a wire mesh.I will bare that in mind,when I try doing mine in in my old tights,lol....I will let you know,!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same again last night. Three feeding from the same plate together. Delightful.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.