Sunday 30 July 2023

St Michael's Church at Farnsfield,

The wild flower meadows are looking particularly lovely at this time of the year. I was on my way from Eakring to Kirklington and I managed to miss a footpath and ended up walking rather a long way on a road. I passed Whip Ridding Farm and checked the map. Oh bugger, I am not supposed to be here. The path I missed would have taken me on a shorter route. Too late now I had better carry on.  
A bit further on I managed to get off the road and go through a gate and take an unofficial short cut to Kirklington. The flowers were swarming with bees and butterflies.  

Across the fields Hall Farm came into view. I didn't go too close because I wasn't supposed to be there. A good zoom comes in handy. 

This is St Swithuns Church at Kirklington.
 
I found my way out of Kirklington with some directions from a lady who was in her front garden. The easiest way back to Farnsfield was to get on the Southwell Trail. I was getting a bit tired at this point, and bored with the long hard slog along the trail. I came off it early and took the road, to give me some scenery to look at. It was slightly longer but the Trail was wearing me down. 
Almost back to the car by now, then I saw the church spire. Must go and have a look at it. Oh alright then, one more video. 
A video of St Michael's Church at Farnsfield. 
Traffic was moving pretty freely on the motorway on the way home. The cats were ready for something to eat. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. I managed to catch up on your 2 videos yesterday and loved the walks around the church yard.It is always so calm and peaceful in these places.I know what you mean about the plastic flowers on the graves.They do add colour and are longer lasting than real ones.There are quite a few churchs that have banned this,Tutbury being one of them.It makes it difficult for families that live 30 miles away and cant visit every week.Just quickly,off thread,lol,my daytrip to Mablethorpe was everything I could have wished for.Sunshine,families with buckets n spades on the beach,chips and an ice cream!.It reminded me and my Mam n sister of how life use to be!xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.