Monday 17 July 2023

Let's go to Southwell.

Walk at Oxton finished, what next. 

Still raining, so drive to Southwell. I had a look at a couple of car parks but decided not to faff around putting money in the ticket machine. Yes they did take cash. I didn't know how long I was going to be there, don't want to watch the clock. I parked on the road in a residential street. Head for the Minster to get out of the rain.
 




It did stop raining for about ten minutes, then it hammered it down and I was having to hold on to the umbrella while I snapped a few pics. 

Inside it was very busy. A group of school children and their teachers were taking part in a project. I was hoping to film a video inside, but it was not to be. 







I went to the Minster shop and found they have my favourite soap in stock. There was a lot more choice than the other places I have bought it from. A lot more different fragrances. Couldn't resist buying a couple of bars, which I will donate to the Coffee Morning raffle. This week it will be from 12 till 2, so not a Coffee Morning, but an afternoon tea. There will be fun and games at that because I have said I will bring Gloria along for a laugh. 
Anyway. I walked around Southwell until I got fed up of the rain, then went home. I will have to go back on a sunny day.
My dinner is ready, a pan of veggie stew tonight with pasta. 
Bye for now. Toodle pip.   ilona



2 comments:

  1. Its such a shame when the rain stops play,but as you say theres always another day when it brightens up a bit.You managed to get some nice photos of the minster though.I always love looking at church windows and you have some lovely shots there.Im wondering what your friends thought of Gloria and did she behave herself,lol,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't happened yet. I'll let you know after Wednesday.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.