Friday 14 July 2023

ArtFestival

Hello, I'm back. Two days away in Nottinghamshire. Yesterday I went to Patchings Art Festival. It's at Calverton, a few miles north of Nottingham. I have been to this event before. First in 2018, and again in 2019.  I didn't take as many photo's as I did before, so check back on the links to see them. 
There are three big massive car parks, and a coach park. It is a popular event. 

The plant seller was very busy. Thursday was the first day, so he needs to stock up for the next two days. It is a three day event. 
Plenty of room to get around the stalls and marquees. Plenty of chairs to sit in the sunshine and rest your legs. 
It was very warm. Lots of summer dresses on show. 

Budding artists getting some extra lessons from the master of water colours.

These demonstrations were very popular. 
I took a few close up photos for a change. The trade stands were buzzing. 



Hundreds of colours to choose from. 

Patchings has static buildings as well. It is open throughout the year. I was in the art gallery when someone said hello. I recognised the face but couldn't remember the name. Hazel reminded me that she lives near Scunthorpe, and I gave a talk to her WI Group a few years ago. She has also been to my house when we had an open gardens day. Once that clicked in my mind we had a long chat. What a coincidence.  
I went back to my car after I had seen everything, and sat on my chair relaxing. A lady was passing by, she said, I read your blog. What a surprise. We had a lovely chat, it was great to meet her. So, Hello Patricia from Norfolk. 
I decided to go for a walk around the grounds. I asked at the information tent, if I could stay overnight in my car. They said I could, in car park A. Two camper vans turned up, we were spread out alongside the hedge. After eating I listened to the radio and went to bed at 9pm. Nothing else to do. I should have remembered to take some sewing with me. 
I have more photo's to post from the walk I did today. Catch ya tomorrow. Have a nice weekend. 
Toodle pip.   ilona
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was looking for something different to photograph.

      Delete
  2. Ive just clicked on your Patchings link and it looks like a great place to visit.Lots of lovely country side around it too.It was nice to be able to do your car camping there with other camper vans nearby.It must have been lovely to meet one of your blog readers as well!! On 2 of my visits to Brighton,Ive spotted a lady who does a frugal fashion blog and just had to go and say Hello!.Im going to click on your previous visits now to see your other photos.Hope that you have a great weekend too and it isnt raining like it is here in Leicester!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been raining here a lot. Very windy as well.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.