Saturday 16 July 2022

Remembering William

Good morning. Who remembers William Hardie? He came to my house in 2016, yes, six years ago, to film a short piece for Shed of the Year. He brought a crew of six with him, they covered my back garden with equipment, it was a lot of fun. Here are more photo's of the Shed of the Year. 
Here he is again. My friend gave me a copy of English Heritage magazine, July 22 edition, where he features on pages 42 - 43. He has a few grey hairs in his beard now, and his hair isn't as long as it used to be, but still a handsome dude.  
As a master craftsman his main business is designing playgrounds. To see some of his projects click here to go to his web site.  

I am giving myself a break from the endless nasty comments and name calling I am getting. I am sure they would be happy if I disappeared off the face of the earth. It's not just the odd one or two comments, some of them come back two or three times in the space of a few hours. It makes me wonder what is going on in their heads. I have changed the settings to limit it to google account holders only. 

I apologise to those genuine readers who like to comment but don't want to sign up to google. I understand completely. I know you are there, I know you visit the blog. I like reading comments from those who have been visiting for a long time, and new genuine readers, you are welcome here. I am not putting myself forward as a punchbag for anyone who wants to take a swing at me because things are not going right in their own lives. I have a happy life and I will not allow anyone to rain on my parade. 

Now I must have breakfast and get ready to go to the Bowls Club coffee morning. I hope you have a good weekend. Thanks for popping in. 

Toodle pip.   ilona 
 

16 comments:

  1. I have followed and enjoyed your blog for years. Your frugality combined with enjoyment of life is inspiring, and I always look forward to your posts and videos! Love your kitties, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I hope that I convey a positive outlook on life.

      Delete
  2. My English is not perfect, but there are always people who is not satisfied with their own lives and seems to be unable to do something about it even if their conditions are similar. They do not have the fantasy or intelligence to realize that much in life depends on oneself and our attitude to life. They who gives away nasty comments are presumably unhappy with their own lives and it is hard to understand why they have to be mean. The best way to handle these people is to ignore them, do not let them get to you.Just delete them and do not mention them at all on your blog. You have a life they have not, so do not bother with them.
    I really appreciate you and your blog, but I do not always agree with you and that is ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing, can`t you block them?

      Delete
    2. Thank you Marianne, your English is perfect. It is ok that people don't agree with me. I read other blogs and quite often I don't agree with what they say. It is easy to move on, without saying something nasty.

      It is not possible to block individuals on Blogger, like you can on Twitter and Facebook.

      Delete
  3. hi Ilona, I think that your regular readers all enjoy your blog.Theres always someting interesting to read.Plus I enjoying looking at your travel photo's. As I have met you I know you to be a nice person. I don't understand trolls.There's no logic to it. Just keep on being you. All the best. Caz. Partridge. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caz. I don't understand what drives people to spit out nasty comments. It is confusing to me as well. Something has happened to muddle their brain. You're right, there is no logic, and no point in it. Unless they get a kick out of hurting people's feelings. Anyone who is anxious would be very upset. Thankfully I can move on, but I would like an answer to the question, why do you do it? What is going on in your life that has made you so bitter?

      Delete
  4. Aww Ilona so sorry that you are having trouble again with nasty people again!. Please remember that a lot of us respect and value the posts and vlogs that you do. thank you Ilona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you alana. I see a lot worse examples of troll comments on social media. What is aimed at me is just the tip of the iceberg. Anger is spreading far and wide.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ilona! I think it's pretty rotten of someone to verbally abuse you on the blog you work hard on for others benefit. I don't personally share your view on some issues (and since I live in the US) am totally ignorant about, but I think it's vital to listen and think about a variety of viewpoints so that you can learn more on an issue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but NO ONE is entitled to be hateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rookie. I don't expect everyone to agree with my views on some topics. It's perfectly fine to ignore what you are not interested in, as do I when reading other blogs.

      Delete
  6. I too am sorry that the Troll Trash have made you a target. I think it is the anonymity that they hide behind as they would never talk like that is public (probably!?). I have enjoyed your blog for years and am glad they don't get you down too much - jealousy is a terrible blight and that is their problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I think I am a target because I keep an open mind and question a lot of what is going on. I get on with my life in a positive way and face everything head on. I don't get bogged down with complications. I see a solution and act on it.

      Delete
  7. Hi Ilona, I'm so sorry you're having problems with trolls and hope you will keep on blogging your news and opinions. We appreciate you digging deep and finding out information that would otherwise be missed. Although I don't always comment, I really enjoy all your trips out - thank you for being our guide! Very nice to see some pictures of handsome William Hardie, too.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda. I am just trying to find out why people can be so nasty. I don't think there is one answer. People have such complicated brains.

      Delete
  8. Hi Iona I have been reading your blog for years. I don't understand the people who leave the nasty comments. There are some things you post that I don't agree with but .....you can have your opinion and I can still have mine. If it really upsets people that much don't read the blog. I will continue to read and enjoy your blog and be mature enough to realise not everybody believes and thinks the same as me.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.