Friday 23 February 2024

It's curtains.

The first thing I see when I get up in the morning and go to the bathroom is the curtain at the top of the stairs. The sun comes up at the back and makes a beautiful kaleidoscope of colour. 

If you caught a glimpse of a picture on the wall to the side of the curtain, here it is. I found it in a skip. It is part of a childs wardrobe. The rest of it, a mangled frame with the other three sides in tatters, had been discarded. I rescued the front panel. 
At the bottom of the stairs is Mayze's hideyhole. Only one curtain here, the window is small. 

 Patchwork curtains are easy to make. Start with a centre piece, and keep going round and round adding more pieces until it reaches the size you want. Here is a blog post on how to get started on the patchwork. I used an old curtain liner to stitch onto. And here is another blog post about making up the curtain and the finished article. Perhaps you might like to have a go. Sewing machine needed. 

Amazing, the sun is out, I wonder how long it might last. I did my shopping last night, so I am stocked up once more. 

See ya soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not be published