Tuesday 14 May 2019

Sock it to me.

Do you like my new camera cover. It's very pretty, and stretchy, will fit any size cameras or phones. 
It's long, push the camera down to the bottom and fold over for extra protection.

 I found a child's sock on a pile of fly tipping. Pity there was only one of them, but the bright colours made me pick it up. I can make something with that. I turned it inside out, folded it flat, gripped the protruding heel and did two lines of machine stitching across, then cut off the excess. Put two lines of stitching across the toe, and cut off the excess.

There you are, close up. If the sock is a bit grubby you could position the stitching a bit further along to make it shorter. Or make it smaller still by cutting off the foot part altogether and just using the top.

Don't throw your child's socks away, make some little pockets to hold phones and cameras, or any small electricals. You could use them to hold small items if you are packing a case or bag. Easy to locate in a stuffed suitcase. There is a use for everything. Toodle pip.  ilona

9 comments:

  1. What a good idea. Going to see my young grandchildren in a couple of weeks so will ask for odd socks. I could do with a new camera case. Once again you have come up trumps. ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, a great use for all those odd socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book of toy patterns that can be made from socks, my favourite is a little piggy, all my grandchildren have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilona, I like your camera cover (and you are right, it will be easy to find) but most of all, I like that you are always finding reuses for things. (So am I, but I am not as clever as you are). You go, girl! BTW, isn't it about time we found out what you are doing in your summer house and garden??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that reminder, I'll put that on the agenda. The flower beds are full and coming to life again.

      Delete
  5. We are repainting our whole deck and have lots of empty paint cans, well now I have lots of plant pots for my herbs this summer. Someone gave me a plastic wedding dress garment bag..now I store my cushions from the patio, it's very long and spacious to fit the wedding dresses. We cut the milk cartons in half to soak the paint brushes.The top of a whipping cream carton can be cut to fit a mason jar, easily pour and seal instead of unscrewing the lid every time I pour my homemade chocolate sauce.I bought 30 face cloths for napkins and paper towel replacements, when all used throw in the washer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some good ideas there, thank you. Every little idea saves money.

      Delete
  6. My grandson works on a building site and always takes his mobile in an old thick sock.I used my last old socks,to put new cuffs on my pyjamas.The original cuffs had got grimy looking,so I used the ankle part of the sock with the elasticated part facing to my hand.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.